Can a women be Financially stable before marriage?

 I finally got a new house on my own recently, everyone in my family(relatives ) were shocked. I bought my house with a lot of compromises and efforts. It's not just the house, it's my blood and sweat. Everyday after I leave my office to go home, I always used to think about when I will have my own house.

88 Braid Road, Saint Andrews, Hamilton City, Waikato, 3200 - For Sale -  realestate.co.nz

In my childhood when my father died, it was difficult for us to live an unstable life. I never stayed in one house for more than 6months. So, I never have any friends at one place. Hunting for a house is like hunting for treasure. One day, when I was in a deep sleep, a drop of water fell on my face. I woke up and saw water falling from the ceiling and my mom was making efforts to clean the house. I really felt sad and decided to build a house myself. 

Whenever I used to build a sand house on the beaches and show my mom a very exciting "That's my house". She used to just laugh and now that dream I made it real. After working for so long hours and savings. Finally, I bought my new house on my own.

After getting my new house all my relatives started poking my mom. (If she is getting a house by herself does it mean she didn't find any guy). If one builds a house does it mean they don't get a guy to marry. Is it a hobby that people build houses if they don't get married.

(Some relatives even called her and pressured her to get me married). Is it a crime to build a house on her own. Am I doing something wrong? ( Some people say, as being a girl, why do you need to build a house as you need to move to your future husband's house later). Is it a norm that a woman only needs to go to a guy's house. So, she should not even need to build one for herself. 


Finally, As you do anything there will be people who always tell you something about it. Don't give up on your dreams. If a woman can give birth to a baby with lots of pain, but she cannot be financially stable.  For the people who think a woman cannot take financial decisions  then google Who is our finance minister?

Comments

Post a Comment